The DHL delivery service is a function of the DOS in its attempt to improve the wait times in the consulate.
Here is a summary of the procedures:
- Waiver applicant gets a numbered ticket to enter the consular section.
- The applicant is called to a cashier where he pays the $545.00 waiver fee.
- She then is called to another window to submit the waiver to DOS.
- The applicant is then advised to go to the DHL counter and pay 80 pesos for the delivery service. DHL advises the applicant to call a toll free number that will advise the applicant when the decision packet is available to pick up at an outside DHL location.
- The applicant leaves the consulate and calls DHL. The decision packet is normally ready the same day in the afternoon or the next day.
- The applicant goes to the DHL location and picks up the decision.
- If the waiver was approved the packet will contain the waiver approval notice and the immigrant visa. The applicant goes to a POE and is admitted as a LPR.
- If the waiver is referred, the packet contains the referral notice and the applicant’s passport.
All consulate customers must pay the DHL and it is the same fee for everyone.